Search This Blog

Pages

March 21, 2010

Swordfish with Citrus Pesto



After watching Giada De Laurentiis prepare this beautiful dish on the Food Network, I knew I had to try it for myself. And boy, was I impressed! Ryan even liked it! It is healthy, fresh, and easy to prepare. I will definitely be adding this to my list of favorites. I halved the recipe, and it made enough for 2-4 servings.

Ingredients
Citrus pesto:
1 bunch fresh basil, stemmed (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
1 clove garlic
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 orange, zested and juiced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan

Swordfish:
4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
Blend the basil, pine nuts, garlic, zests, juices, salt, and pepper in a food processor until the mixture is finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan.

Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Brush both sides of the swordfish fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the swordfish about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for a 1-inch thick fillet.

Transfer the grilled swordfish to serving plates, top with the citrus pesto, and serve.

2 comments:

  1. I really wanna like pesto, but I am afraid to try it. I am supposed to make pesto on Friday. Is it good or gross?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like the taste of basil you will like it. Think of it as a thick salad dressing. We enjoyed this particular recipe since the citrus goes well with the fish (you can serve with any white fish or even grilled chicken).

    ReplyDelete